This business is a result of overcoming a lifelong struggle with obesity and it’s accompanying body image/self esteem issues. On the other side I have found a passion for health and wellness that I feel compelled to share with others and help them find for themselves.
This is truly the answer to the career day question “What would you do if you didn’t have to worry about money?” as well as the greater charge to “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
While I now love the feeling of a vigorous workout and how strong my body feels after eating wholesome foods, it took a long time to get here. My program provides a way to get you on the path overall wellness through small weekly goals tailored to you and your individual starting point.
I love seeing clients meet their goals, and through that process I get the same wonderful feelings I did when I was first meeting my own. When a client calls to tell me their pants don’t fit, or they ran an extra minute I feel every bit as excited as they do! Sometimes it’s harder to find someone to share your joy as it is to share your misery. If you’re ready to be proud of yourself and share your joy– I’m ready for it!!
Keep reading to find out more about me, my journey and how I may be able to help you get on the path to better health- and please feel free to shoot me an email even if you’re just curious!
Fit Mama Facts
- I grew up in: Lawrence, Kan.
- I have lived in: Lincoln, Nebr., Vaxjo, Sweden, Kansas City, Mo. and presently, Lawrence, Kan. (there’s no place like home!)
- I have traveled to: Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Vietnam, Sweden, Norway, Copenhagen, Netherlands, France, Italy (study abroad and backpacking in college.)
- My favorite restaurant is: La Familia in Lawrence, (Hello enchiladas!)
- I have an amazing husband (yes, he loved me even before my weight loss), we met through friends 7+ years ago and my life has never been the same.
- I have a four-year-old daughter, Lola, who is my No. 1 inspiration and motivation. She enjoys Jem and the Holograms, “Micky Bisage”, and telling people to do squats. (No joke!)
- I studied social work and minority studies at Nebraska Wesleyan University. I never thought I would miss Nebraska or school but I sometimes do.
- I have 9+ years experience in social work in many capacities, primarily doing behavior modification with adolescent girls and their families.
- If I can get a teenage girl to make a good choice she didn’t want to make, I can do just about anything.
- Yes, I am a certified personal trainer. But what really makes me qualified is my personal experience and passion for helping people.
- The highlight of my athletic accomplishments before I had Lola was playing basketball in Jr. High. I stole the ball, made a perfect layup and only figured out after my solo victory dance that I was on the wrong end of the court.
- I currently work 4 jobs not including, you know, domestic goddess. It’s hectic but I love everything I do. Hopefully one day I can widdle it down to just this. That’s the goal!
- I have a real love for 90s music in general and hip hop in particular. My music taste is more inclusive but I have yet to find a day that the aforementioned doesn’t hit the spot.
- When I met my husband I may have stretched the truth about my cooking abilities and though they have vastly improved, there is a running list of things I am “never allowed to make again.”
- If you haven’t deduced this yet, I am a downright enjoyable lady.
- Your Mom would probably like me.