Lawrence Area Resources
- Well Commons Community of Douglas County residents and experts brought together to discuss and learn about health-related topics.
- Red Dogs Dog Days A community-wide group fitness organization attended by more than 1,000 local residents at all fitness and age levels.
- Lawrence Parks and Recreation Programs and free or low-cost community facilities to promote healthy living in Lawrence, Kan.
- Bert Nash Community mental health center offering affordable and accessable mental health services including counseling.
- NRGinMotion Necia is one of the best KC area massage practitioners: book an appointment to relieve tension and do something kind for yourself
Healthy Eating in the Lawrence Area
- The Community Mercantile (The Merc!) Lawrence co-op food store that cultivates the wholistic well-being of all levels of community by offering local produce, organic goods and wholesome foods.
- Whole Foods Market Providing quality, whole foods in three Kansas City-area locations.
- The Farmers Market in Downtown Lawrence Fresh, local produce and food from area farmers and vendors.
- City Market Local growers and small businesses providing Kansas City residents with fresh goods.
- The aforementioned have lots of healthy food displayed beautifully and are fun to shop at; however you can buy healthy foods at Checkers, Aldis or any grocery store.
- Pachamamas Im biased but this is the best food in L-boogie. Fresh, local, simple yet unexpected. Fine dining and fantastic.
- 715 Located on Mass Street, 715 offers handmade cuisine made from local ingredients.
- Local Burger Serves fresh, organic and local fare with no unnatural additives and preservatives.
- Global Cafe Another local downtown spot. Only open till 3pm. Offering fresh local ingredients with international inspiration. Its good darn it.
- Free State Brewery A Lawrence favorite and for good reason. An impressive selection of seasonal vegetables, grass fed beef, free range chicken and really great beer because without beer, things do not seem to go as well.
- Takes the Cake Bakery If youre familiar with my philosophy; I believe if you want a cupcake, eat a damn cupcake. For all of your cupcake needs Ms. Nene of Takes the Cake Bakery in Kansas City knows how to throw down for all of your confectionery needs.